Being a student in the martial arts is an usual thing. There is really no student guide as to how you should prepare to the get the most out of the experience.
No wait! There is a Student Guide. Oh Wow!
Click on the link below and you can read it!
But with that said, here are a few recommendations to get the most our of training!
- Try to arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled class time. This will give you a few moments to warm up, work on a pattern, or ask any questions of the teachers you may have.
- Don’t sit and wait, do something. This ties in with the first. Don’t sit and wait for your class to start, work on something.
- Prepare your things for class before it is time to go. Rushing around at the last minute is mentally exhausting and it will curb your performance for the day.
- Go over techniques in your mind. Mental practice is as important as physical!
- If you miss lessons arrange with Master Rick or Sabumnim Rob for some private work. It is free and good experience too!
- Ask questions!
- Think well ahead about your next testing. Don’t be a last minute person!
And please download and read the student guide! It explains so much!
Have a great day!