The world is online and i don’t see that changing in the near future. With that in mind there are things parents can do to help assure your child has a positive experience on the net, and not one that leads to tragedy like we see so often today.
Here are some simple things you can do!
- Setup Facebook and other social networks with your email accounts. Kids don’t need email!
- Never use real names for children. Especially a family name. Use something that makes it impossible to trace.
- Know your child’s passwords and logons. This is not an invasion of privacy, it is a MUST to keep them safe from the scumbags out there! And there are scumbags then you imagine!
- Cover the webcam or disable it!
- Children AGREE to this access, it is all above board. Any sneaking around results in lost privileges.
- If they receive any kind of message from someone they don’t know they NEVER answer it! The message is reported immediately to the parents and then the police depending on content
- Any bullying is also not replied to but reported!
The internet can be a fun place, but there is about a 25% scumbag or higher ratio out there! Being safe is more important then being COOL.
For more information on our programs for children please click the link below. We are not a tournament / competition martial arts, we are about self improvement, self defense and safety.
Yours in the keeping kids SAFE,
Grand Master Art Mason
Founder: Art Mason’s Peaceful Warriors’ Martial Arts